About Me

My photo
Newark, Delaware
59 year young homemaker... wife of the most awesome loving man any woman could hope for and he is a few years younger... so now I fit the stereo type... Cougar? Only if it is flattering... if not... we will have to change that

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Good Times

Today was such an amazing day. Days like this go by far too quickly. Today I finally got to see my dear, sweet friend Patty. Patty has lupus and has been terribly ill. The last time we were together was way last winter before the snow started to fall. Her husband became ill... had to have surgery... kids got sick... and one unpleasant thing after another kept us apart. Patty was hospitalized... then one week later I landed in the same hospital with my own difficulties.


Today we finally got together and had the time of our lives. We started with lunch in a quiet, cool, booth in the corner of our neighborhood Ruby Tuesday. Being so happy just to be together we started to seat ourselves without remembering this particular establishment provides that service. Upon hearing our raucous laughter as we headed toward our destination... that quiet booth... the employees quickly gathered menus and asked us to lead the way. The booth wasn't quiet any more! Laughter is contagious. Within seconds we had everyone smiling, laughing or just being plain silly.

Then came the drink menus... soft drinks, of course... we may seem inebriated at times, but we are just bubbling over with joy to be healthy and together again.

Simple pleasures like a fruity beverage, an avocado .... * interrupted thoughts* gah how do you spell 'kay sa dee ah'!!!??? I know it starts with a Q... My dictionary is apparently useless and the spell checker on this blog thing as well! The spell checker thinks we had an avocado "question"? Geeesh... ok... back to my story...

We had a lovely lunch and laughed and caught up on all things Kitty and Patty... then drove back to Patty's house just in time to meet up with her adorable daughters. To make a long story short we had "girl's day" out.

The dishes are still in the sink, the litter boxes really need cleaning and the gardens in the front of our house have more weeds than flowers... but life is too short. I needed to just laugh and hug my friends today. The weeds will be there tomorrow... the dirty dishes, the laundry and the litter boxes.

2 comments:

  1. I like these comments! "life is too short. I needed to just laugh and hug my friends today. The weeds will be there tomorrow... the dirty dishes, the laundry and the litter boxes. " I won't forget them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to grumble a little about those litter boxes, but I did clean them of course

    ReplyDelete